To IcePlex Families, Players and Coaches;
As you are aware, the SUNY Morrisville IcePlex underwent a shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic in mid-March.
We have and continue to evaluate the best practices for reopening; while keeping the health of our staff members, students, and patrons as our top priority. Our reopening guidelines have been developed based on recommendations from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other Federal government agencies, as well as our region. Please understand that the knowledge surrounding COVID-19 is constantly changing. Therefore, the IcePlex reserves the right to adjust based on the current recommendations of the CDC.
As we reopen, please note that there have been significant changes made to our business operations to ensure our guests feel comfortable coming back to our facility. Our staff are screened daily before reporting to work, including daily temperature checks, completing a series of health questions and adhering to the travel ban set forth by the Governor. We are adhering to social distancing policies as well as wearing the appropriate PPE in the facility. We have also enhanced our cleaning practices to occur on a much more frequent basis with EPA certified solutions made exclusively for COVID-19.
Before visiting, we ask you review and prepare for the following:
- All visitors, clients, and staff members will be asked a series of standard health questions and have their temperature taken before entering the facility.
- Face coverings (masks) must be worn at all times when inside the building for those not on the ice.
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) will be required as much as possible.
- Water fountains will not be available for players or guests. Players need to bring and label their own water bottles. No sharing of water bottles please.
- All players need to come to the IcePlex dressed in full equipment and arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled ice slot. We will have a common area with markers for physical distanced seating to put on skates or remove skate guards. This will limit density in the locker rooms.
- Locker rooms and showers will be unavailable until further notice. When locker rooms become available again, we ask guests to please adhere to the following:
- Teams may have to split up into multiple locker rooms.
- Players are expected to be out of the locker room 10 minutes after their ice slot ends.
- For younger age groups, when players need assistance with equipment, the number of parents/guardians in the locker room will be limited.
- While on the ice, players and coaches need to observe physical distancing recommendations as much as possible.
- When leaving ice, it is recommended that coaches excuse players one by one given appropriate time for each player to exit the ice. Please play accordingly to complete the dismissal process.
- Spectators will be asked to occupy only designated seating areas and will be limited to 2 guests per player.
- We ask that if any player is not feeling well, they do not come to the facility.
- Everyone must practice good hygiene while in the facility and utilize hand washing/sanitizing stations located at the entrance doors frequently.
- Adhere to and comply with signage posted throughout the facility.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this unfamiliar time. We hope that you, your family, and friends have stayed safe during this time, and look forward to seeing you back on the ice.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.